Mission Statement: The Women’s Own Resource Centre’s Mission is to provide information, referrals and support to assist women in working toward their economic goals.
Vision Statement: The Women’s Own Resource Centre’s Vision is to provide women with opportunities to achieve success.
- To promote women’s access to resources and opportunities
- To promote and celebrate women’s successes
- To support women in becoming economically independent through creating sustainable livelihoods
- To assist with self-reliance, raise self-esteem and a positive self concept
Our Core Programs include:
Entrepreneurial Skills Training
- A 10-week free workshop that explores self employment opportunities – the course brings you from the business concept, determines if the business will be feasible and concludes with the development of a business plan.
- Runs twice a year (September & January) in different locations depending on demand.
- Travel and Childcare reimbursement is available.
- Additional support is available through 1:1 sessions with Program Manager in order to complete course, finalize business plan or apply for funding.
Life Skills Training
- A 10-week free workshop designed to increase the personal development skills of clients including: Self-Esteem & Building Confidence; Managing Stress; Time Management & Goal Setting; Household Budgeting; Banking & Personal Finances; Interpersonal Communications; Resume Writing; Job Interviews; Local Resources & Supports.
- Travel and childcare reimbursement is available.
- Additional support is available through 1:1 sessions with Program Manager in order to complete course,
Almaguin Women’s Resource & Business Network (Formerly WINGS)
- An informal networking group that meets on a monthly basis (NOT July, August, December) on the last Wednesday of the month.
- Past topics included: Facebook 101; Smart Financial Management; Empowering Yourself with Numerology; Making the Most of First Impressions; Marketing Effectively on a Small Budget; Christmas Trade Show; Setting Personal Goals and How to Achieve Them; How Money Works.
- 1:1 Private Consultations – for personal or business needs
- Extensive referral network
- Business Services including faxing, photocopying, printing, laminating, binding, scan to email, etc..
- Lending Library
- Meeting Space for Local Organizations i.e. Legal Clinic, Family Court Support
- Resume Assistance
- Business Plan Assistance
- Funding Application Assistance
- Warm Winter Clothing Exchange
- Christmas Food & Toy Drive
- International Women’s Day (March 8th)
- Annual Women In Business Trade Show
- National Day of Remembrance (December 6th)
- Workshops and Events as they are in demand – for example: Creating Your Future; Legal Aid Myths and Realities; Showcase Almaguin.
Women’s Own Resource Centre
105 Ottawa Avenue
P.O. Box 155
South River, ON
Toll Free: 1-888-640-8668
Open Monday – Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.